Finca Los Congos
Established in 1997, the Paguaga family’s Finca Los Congos has consistently received international recognition for outstanding quality coffee by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) with multiple top-ten finishes in its annual Cup of Excellence competition:
- Presidential Award for 90+ points for the Pacamara in 2010
- 2nd place overall (out of 370 farms) in 2011
- Multiple top 10 finishes in multiple years
Finca Los Congos' Pacamara has also been recognized by Coffee Review with a 95 point and 3rd place in the Top 30 Coffees of 2015. To read the full review click here.
Finca Los Congos is located in the San Fernando mountains of the Nueva Segovia region. Most of the farm's rugged mountainous terrain has been left undisturbed in its natural state covered in a lush pine forest where its namesake monkeys and other native animals are able to roam free. These mountains reach upwards of 1,800 meters (6,000 feet).
- Elevation: 1,350 – 1,600 meters ( 4,429 - 5,250 feet)
- Varietals: Pacamara, Caturra and Villa Sarchi
- Processes: Hand Washed, Natural/Dry and Pulped-Natural/Honey; sun-dried on raised beds
- Harvest: January - April
- Location: San Fernando, Nicaragua (N13 45.400 W86 20.735)
Visit us on Facebook Los Congos Coffee